- 12 July 2017, Field Discussion of a late 1800's Chinese Ranch in Dogpatch, ShappingSF Private Tour, San Francisco, CA.
- 4 March 2017, Lecture on San Francisco City Hall of 1871-1906, San Francisco History Fair, The Old Mint, San Francisco, CA.
- 7 January 2017, Film Showing of "History of Golden Gate Park" & "Erased Landscape - The Making of Flatland in Central San Francisco" with Questions and Answers presented by the San Francisco Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Veterans Memorial Building, Civic Center, San Francisco, CA.
- 26 November 2016, Film Showing of "Dogpatch Ranch - Origins of Chinese American Family" Presented by the San Francisco Public Library's Art, Music & Recreation Center, Koret Auditorium, Main Public Library, San Francisco, CA.
- 28 June 2016, "Lim Lip Hong" Lecture, Chinese History Society of America, San Francisco, CA.
- 3 March 2016, "Shifting Sands" San Francisco City Guide Docents Lecture, Koret Auditorium, San Francisco Main Public Library, Main Public Library, San Francisco, CA.
- 20 May 2015, Film Showing of "Scapegoat-the 1871-1906 San Francisco City Hall" Presented by the San Francisco Public Library's Art, Music & Recreation Center, Koret Auditorium, Main Public Library, San Francisco, CA.
- 10 May 2014, "Transformation of San Francisco's Sand Dunes into Golden Gate Park and the South of Market District" San Francisco Botanical Garden Docents Lecture, Strybing Arboretum, San Francisco, CA.
- 15 January 2014, "The Lost Geology of Bernal Heights" Bernal History Project Lecture, San Francisco, CA.
- 12 December 2012, "The 1871 San Francisco City Hall" with Chris Carlsson, ShapingSF, San Francisco, CA.
- 13 October 2012, "Julia Morgan/Moving in Space: architectural Awareness as Mindful Practice" with Victoria Austin, Christopher Shelton, Karin Payon and Galen Cranz, San Francisco Zen Center, San Francisco, CA.
- 29 September 2012 "Third Annual Sewer and Bike Tour: The Creeks of the North Mission District" with Gregg Braswell and Joel Pomerantz, San Francisco, CA.
- 26 September 2012 "Altered Landscapes: The Development of the North Mission District of San Francisco", WorkSpace Gallery, San Francisco, CA.
- 21 June 2012 "The Development of the Two Ends of the Great San Francisco Dune Fields: geographic histories of Golden Gate Park and South of the Slot" San Francisco Natural History Series, Randal Museum, San Francisco, CA.
- 6 June 2012 "The Audacity of [Creating] Market Street" Streetopia, The Luggage Gallery, San Francisco, CA.
- 9 November 2011 "In Search of San Francisco's Eradicated Landscapes" CounterPULSE, San Francisco, CA.
- 24 March 2010 "San Francisco as Seen Through the Construction of Golden Gate Park: Two Film Documentaries" Harvard Club of San Francisco and AIASF, San Francisco, CA.
- 6 December 2005 "Love, Mariage and Homes" Harvard Club of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA.
- April 29, 1997 "Architectural Practice" ED4 Guest Lecture, Department of Architecture, University of California Berkeley, California
- February, 1997 "The Column: from Greek to Modern Times" The Nueva School, 6th Grade History Class Hillsborough, California
- March 27, 1992 "The Tea House" Green Gulch Zen Center Muir Beach, California
- April 10 & 11, 1987 "Three Academic Places" C.C.A.I.A. Monterey Design Conference Monterey, California
- November 10, 1986 "Tibbetts House", University of California Berkeley Extension Berkeley, California
- July 31, 1985 "Unseen Work by 12 Architects" Western Addition San Francisco, CA.
- March 29 - 30 1984 "Working with Clients' Images: Deer Valley Resort" C.C.A.I.A. Monterey Design Conference, Monterey, California
- October 1980 "Exeter Library" Department of Architecture, University of California, Berkeley, California
- May 1980 "Architecture's Hidden Agenda" Pacific Coast Sociology Convention, San Francisco, California
- February 1980 "Learning and Teaching in Practice" with George Homsey, N.C.A.I.A. Continuing Education Program, San Francisco, California
- Spring 1978 "Case Studies of Place" Department of Architecture, University of California, Los Angeles, California
- February 1978 "Spatial Order" Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, California
- Spring 1975 "Peabody Terrace Housing" Department of City Planning, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Winter 1974 - 75 "Place Parsing" Department of Art, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Winter 1974 - 75 "Living Rooms" Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Winter 1973 "Spatial Moments" Department of Architecture Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York